- Start with the bike in fifth gear.
- Shift to second, and give the wheel a spin to make sure it completes the shift.
- Turn the barrel adjustor on the shifter until the two yellow indicators are aligned with each other.
- Shift back to fifth gear and spin the wheel.
- Shift back to second gear and turn the crank at least one full rotation.
- Check again if two yellow indicators are aligned with each other.
- Repeat process if yellow indicators are not aligned.
Here are the factory instructions:
Finally, here's a video that shows the process (it's on a 4 speed hub, but the 5 speed on your bike is the same:Sturmey Archer Internal Hub adjustment.