The best way to maintain your Lithium Battery is to:
- Charge it frequently without letting it drop below 20-30% charge.
- Operate it between 30%-90% charge without discharging it fully. This will increase the charge cycles of the battery many times.
- Operate and store it in a cool environment as much as possible. Performance and capacity decreases in high temperatures.
- Store the battery in a partially charged state of 40-50%.
- Recondition it by using the bike normally till power drops and give it a full charge.
Regarding storage, it is always better to store the battery in a fully charged state than a fully discharged state. In fact, storing a discharged battery shortens its life dramatically.
Temperature extremes can affect your battery. Please keep it within the following
temperature ranges, as suggested by the battery manufacturer.
Charging: 32 degrees to 113 degrees F (0 degrees – 45 degrees C)
Discharging and Storage: -4 degrees to 140 degrees F (-20 degrees to 60 degrees C)