The best way to maintain your Lithium Battery is to:
- Charge it frequently without letting it drop below 20-30% charge.
- Operate it between 30%-90% charge without discharging it fully. This will increase the charge cycles of the battery many times.
- Operate and store it in a cool environment as much as possible. Performance and capacity decrease in high temperatures.
- Store the battery in a partially charged state of 40-50%.
- Recondition it by using the bike normally till power drops and give it a full charge.
Regarding storage, it is always better to store the battery in a partially charged state than a fully charged state. In fact, storing a fully charged battery shortens its life dramatically.
Temperature extremes can affect your battery. Please keep it within the following
temperature ranges, as suggested by the battery manufacturer.
Charging and Storage: 32 degrees to 80 degrees F (0 degrees - 28 degrees C)
Riding: -10 degrees to 110 degrees F (-23 degrees to 43 degrees C)